Traveling to Cambodia offers visitors from the outside world a chance for unique and rich experiences, from one-of-a-kind cuisine to breathtaking temples.
In order to tour the country, a visa to Cambodia is required for all entering.
Thanks to modern technology, the process of receiving a visa is much faster and simpler than it has been in the past. Instead of mailing off for a visa and waiting weeks, Cambodia now accepts electronically submitted applications and a link to your passport.
One requirement for a visa is the photo. Similar to a passport picture, there are a few requirements to remember when submitting one:
The picture needs to be recent; typically within the last 6 months.
- Plain, white, solid background with good lighting.
- 2 X 2 (in inches) is the only size accepted.
- Photo needs to be in color. No black and white, sepia toned rainbow colored or any other filter out there.
- No sunglasses or hats. If you wear eyeglasses, the frame cannot be too thick that it blocks the eyes.
- It should include your full head from the hair to the top of the shoulders.
- A neutral expression. No smiling or mouth hanging open. Eyes open and relaxed. If you decide to upload a picture rather than mail, here are a few digital requirements:
- When saving the picture, only JPEG, BMP, PNG format will be accepted.
- Photo must be 1MB or smaller.
- As far as pixels, the minimum required is 400 X 600 and max is 800 X 1200.